Contractor safety is equally important as the safety of its own employees. Therefore, a number of activities were undertaken in 2021 to improve the existing contractor safety management system, e.g.:
- Contractor accident rates were monitored, and the accident statistics were taken into account in the calculation of the ORLEN Group occupational safety KPIs (a comprehensive analysis of contractor accidents at work was carried out and the TRR was calculated based on this data).
- Information on accidents at work involving contractors and on remedial actions undertaken in the case of particular accidents was communicated within the ORLEN Group (Safety Alerts; Personal, Process and Fire Safety Reports).
- The tasks prescribed in the safety standard M2 ‘Subcontractor management’ were carried out.
- Inspections and audits were conducted to verify work safety and contractors’ preparation for the work to be performed, including inspections and audits required under the ORLEN Group’s technical standard entitled ‘Classification and supervision of safety of third-party companies located on the premises of ORLEN Group companies or providing services to ORLEN Group companies’.
- The PKN ORLEN Training Centre continued its activities (subject to applicable sanitary procedures).
- Work safety workshops and webinars were organised for third party employees.
- Various preventive measures (organisational, educational, informational) addressed to third party employees and aimed at minimising the risk of spreading the SARS- -CoV-2 virus were undertaken, which included preparation of recommendations for contractors.
- A special section of the ORLEN.pl website dedicated to external contractors was created (External contractors | ORLEN); it contains up-to-date information on safety issues, applicable requirements, training and incentive programmes, and awareness campaigns (Report a Hazard).