The ORLEN Group also operates other corporate foundations – the ANWIL Foundation, Energa Foundation and Unipetrol Foundation.
Established in 2014 the ANWIL Foundation, supports projects aimed at raising the level of education of the Włocławek residents, counteracting social and economic exclusion, improving the condition of the natural environment, preserving the historical heritage, as well as protecting and promoting health. Over the past seven years, the Foundation has allocated over PLN 8.5m to its statutory activities. With these funds, 583 projects were implemented by the beneficiaries (schools, kindergartens, universities, NGOs, farmers’ wives associations, volunteer fire brigades, and other public-benefit organisations). As part of the ANWIL Helps employee volunteering programme, ANWIL employees participated in 83 volunteering projects for non-governmental organisations, care providers, foster care centres, educational institutions, schools, sports organisations, and science, culture and art centres operating in the city of Włocławek and neighbouring communes. A total of 283 scholarships for talented youth and undergraduate students were awarded under two scholarship programmes: Primi inter Pares (for eighth-grade students of primary schools and students of secondary schools) and Youth with ANWIL (for junior and senior science students). In 2021, the Foundation completed the following projects:
- Be Healthy – a health promotion programme;
- Fifth edition of Learning with ANWIL, a programme promoting science;
- Second edition of the I Choose Sports and Say Goodbye to Boredom project, which promotes physical activity and healthy lifestyles;
- Health City – an event held in the form of a family picnic, designed to foster healthy lifestyles among the residents of Wloclawek and the surrounding areas, raise awareness of health-related issues, promote and support preventive health care. Doctors and specialists in various medical fields provided a total of nearly 2,000 examinations and consultations;
- Holidays with the Foundation – a project which aims to provide creative, attractive and safe leisure activities for children and young people from Włocławek and neighbouring municipalities who stay at home during the summer holidays. In 2021, thanks to the Foundation’s support 1,477 children benefited from various forms of holiday recreation free of charge;
- Sixth edition of the Building Bridges grant competition, seeking to support people in the area of the Foundation’s activities in initiatives undertaken for their communities and focusing on countering social and economic exclusion, improving public safety, raising the level of education of residents and developing civic awareness, as well as strengthening the sense of belonging and integration with the local community. 3,683 participants took part in the activities implemented under the project.
In 2021, the Foundation assisted the local community in their fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, allocating an additional PLN 400 thousand for the cause. Thirteen entities benefitted from the funding, including the Provincial Specialist Hospital in Włocławek, which received close to PLN 300 thousand.
Operating since 2009, the Energa Foundation provided financial support in excess of PLN 6.2m to 674 persons in total, including 521 natural persons and 153 legal entities, in 2021. One-third of the funds (over PLN 2m) was spent to cover cost of treatment, surgery and rehabilitation. A record 71 Energa employees received support last year (16 more than in 2020) for the total amount of PLN 884 thousand. In 2021, the Energa Foundation also donated about PLN 100 thousand to fund hand surgery of a little girl, Hania Kołek. With the financial support of the Energa Foundation, the surgery could be performed by the Paley European Institute in Warsaw. Under the programme, the Energa Foundation provided financial support in excess of PLN 1.2m to public-benefit organisations and health care, security and medical emergency providers,